(Sourced from http://weblanguageseo.wordpress.com/)
Though in saying that some question whether we are being further bombarded with marketing and advertising. We have been so exposed to marketing and advertising that we don't recollect what billboards we have seen or the many bus advertisements have drove past. Now due to the technology of the internet we are consistently being marketed to whilst at home, indoors, on the internet and/or Facebook. Now to the point where we are becoming oblivious to online marketing too. Laura Lake from about.com mentions that 'I was following this company on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and RSS Feed. I was receiving close to 5 to 7 communications daily about upcoming events. Perhaps that doesn't seem like a lot but take that times 5 times a week and you'll see my point - that's approximately 25 to 35 emails weekly...I wanted information on the events and I was even interested in attending them, but I was turned off by all of the communication. Over communicating with potential prospects, customers and even event attendees can unfortunately result in your message being lost, confusion and even the loss of your audience. This is not an area where "more" works. It's actually the opposite - less is more' (http://marketing.about.com/od/internetmarketing/a/Marketing-Communication-How-Much-Is-Too-Much.htm)
In essence is social media now being used as a mass marketing tool ? Instead of being utilised more effectively as a platform to a more quality based targeted marketing tool ?

No comments:
Post a Comment